EEA Financial Mechanism 2009–2014
to the Programme LT08
“EEA scholarship programme”
PREPARATORY VISITS UNDER BILATERAL FUND
Call for Proposals 2014
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania announces an open call for proposals for preparatory visits under the Bilateral Fund of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009–2014 Programme “EEA scholarship programme” in Lithuania (hereinafter – the Programme).
Objectives of the Programme
The European Economic Area (EEA) States – Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (i.e. Donor States) contributes through the EEA / Norway Grants to the reduction of disparities between and the strengthening of bilateral relations with 15 countries in Europe, including Lithuania. In total 1 420 000 Euros have been allocated to the Programme from the EEA Grants.
The Programme is aimed at enhancing students’ achievements in pre-school, general education and vocational training through modernisation of the curriculum and in-service training of education staff and improving participation of adults in lifelong through development of competencies of adult education staff.
The Programme will announce two open calls for proposals under the following measures:
Measure A. Mobility projects in other educational institutions and education related institutions. Activities that may be implemented under this measure include:
- Teaching assignments for a period of up to six weeks. A minimum requirement of teaching is five hours
- Participation in conferences, seminars, workshops or other training events for a period of up to six weeks
- Job shadowing (following a professional in another institution in their work for training or research purposes)
Measure B. Inter-institutional cooperation in education / training at all levels of the education sector. Activities that may be implemented under this measure include:
- Support for inter-institutional cooperation in education between institutions in Lithuania and Donor States including such measures as pupils’, teachers’ and staff exchange and placements of students or staff
- Modernisation of the curriculum
- Modernisation of teaching methods and working tools
- Advising on development of the educational offer or education system
This call for proposals concerns the preparatory visits to help prepare applications to the forthcoming calls under the abovementioned two measures of the Programme.
Objectives of preparatory visits and eligible activities
The objective of preparatory visits is to promote networking and development of relations, exchange of knowledge, experiences and best practices between Lithuanian and Donor States educational institutions.
Participants of preparatory visits may be potential project promoters. Eligible for financing activities are participation in conferences, networking seminars, courses, meetings, and visits to exchange experiences or other collaboration events.
The total budget for preparatory visits is estimated at 43 149,64 Litas (12 497 Euros). The total budget for preparatory visits before the first open call under the Programme for measure A and measure B, which will be launched no later than in the first quarter of 2014, is estimated at 17 260,55 Litas (4 999 Euros), and the total budget for preparatory visits before the second open call under the Programme for measure A and measure B, which will be launched no later than in the third quarter of 2014, is estimated at 25 889,09 Litas (7 498 Euros).
100 percent of the eligible costs of the preparatory visit can be financed from the Bilateral Fund. The minimum amount of the grant is 345,28 Litas (100 Euros); the maximum amount is 2 762,24 Litas (800 Euros) per individual beneficiary.
Usually the grant is awarded to one person per preparatory visit. Nevertheless, the project promoter may decide to involve more staff members from the same institution, if necessary.
The following applicants for preparatory visits from Lithuania or Donor States can apply:
- Officials from municipal administrations who work in the field of education
- Management staff of pre-school, general education and vocational training schools
- Officials from institutions under the Ministry
- Teachers active in associations of different teaching subjects
- Management and teaching staff of adult education centres
- Employees of municipal education centres
- Non-formal education providers
- Senior academics, who conduct research in relevant areas
- Advanced students in postgraduate and doctoral programmes studying education content, process and policy
Eligible costs and provisions on the payment model
Eligible costs for preparatory visits are:
- Per diem (in accordance with applicable national scales)
Travel costs related with participation in preparatory visit:
- Travel to and from a foreign country by all types of vehicles (except by car or by taxi) and travel within a foreign country by all types of vehicles. Only economy class flight costs are eligible for reimbursement
- Travel by public transport or taxi (only within the city where applicant lives) to and from the airport or seaport, railway or bus station in the Republic of Lithuania on the trip days
- Registration to the event fee (if such fee is foreseen)
- Other necessary expenses directly related to the participation in the preparatory visit
Travel insurance, baggage overweight, currency exchange costs and costs resulting from the change of transportation schedule are not eligible for reimbursement.
Support for preparatory visits is provided on the basis of real costs. The maximum amount of the grant shall not exceed 2 762,24 Litas (800 Euros) per one person. All payments are made to the institution and not to the individual person. There is no co-funding obligation.
Institution, seeking reimbursement of costs related to the participation in the preparatory visit shall provide the following documents to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania no later than within 15 working days after the preparatory visit:
- Request (official letter) to reimburse costs related to the participation in the preparatory visit
- Application for reimbursement of costs related to the participation in the preparatory visit, filled in for each participant separately (Annex 3)
- Copy of the decision of person’s participation in preparatory visit, signed by the head of the institution or a person authorized by him
Copies of documents with authenticity tag proving expenditure and its payment:
- Accounting documents of advance (if applicable)
- Travel tickets and boarding passes
- Documents proving purchase of travel tickets (invoices, contracts with suppliers)
- Documents justifying accommodation costs (invoices, contracts with suppliers)
- Public transport tickets or taxi vouchers
- Documents proving payments
- Preparatory visit report (Annex 4)
- List of participants or other document proving participation in the preparatory visit (if this document is available)
Evaluation will consist of formal (administrative criteria) and content-related evaluation. Only the applications that meet the formal criteria will be a subject to the content-related evaluation. The Programme Cooperation Committee will consider applications’ evaluation results and take suggestions to allocate funds for preparatory visits from the Bilateral Fund.
The call is open from the launch of the call, subject to budget availability. Applications will be evaluated and accepted/rejected on the principle “first comes, first goes”, without waiting for the formal submission deadline.
Criteria for evaluation of applications are listed in Annex 2.
Applications for preparatory visits can be submitted from the date of the publication of this call for proposals to the end of the funding estimated for preparatory visits but no later than 30 September 2014.
Address of submission of applications
The original application must be sent via registered mail or courier service to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania by address A. Volano str. 2/7, LT-01516 Vilnius, Lithuania. Electronic version must be sent to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The original application and its electronic version must be identical. If they do not mach, the information presented in the original application will be followed. Application must be filled in by computer.
All decisions regarding allocation of funds for preparatory visits from the Bilateral Fund may be appealed to the Law on Public Administration of the Republic of Lithuania and (or) to the Law on Administrative Proceedings of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Annex 1 – Application form
- Annex 2 – Application evaluation criteria
- Annex 3 – Application for reimbursement of costs related to the participation in the preparatory visit
- Annex 4 – Preparatory visit report
Application form and other regulations are available at Ministry’s of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania website www.smm.lt.
For questions regarding the call for proposals please contact:
Ms. Jolanta Navickaitė
Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania
A. Volano str. 2/7
LT-01516 Vilnius, Lithuania
Tel. + 370 5 2191 128, fax. +370 5 261 2077